Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Join the pawPawty

My name is Dusty.

I'm a six-year-old Shetland Sheepdog and the star of "Dogged Pursuit: My Year of Competing Dusty, the World's Least Likely Agility Dog", coming out this week from Hudson Street Press.  (My human, Robert Rodi, wrote the actual book -- but his name's not in the title, and it's my picture on the cover, so I think I'm the star.)

I thought your people-audience might be interested in the latest Twitter phenomenon: the global "paw pawty."  Once a month, thousands of animal enthusiasts Tweet in the voice of their pets -- cats, dogs, guinea pigs, horses, rabbits and more -- to raise money for worthy animal causes, like shelters and rescue organizations.

The next pawPawty is this weekend -- beginning at 2 p.m. EDT on Saturday, June 13, and running for 24 solid hours.  There are interactive games, quizzes -- even music, as the "anipals" have chosen an 80s theme, and many are dressing up their avatars accordingly.  (The event's main organizer is @FrugalDougal, a feisty terrier from the English countryside who keeps a clever blog.)

Best of all, five lucky winners will receive the very first signed and paw-tographed copies of Dogged Pursuit.
If you'd like to learn more, log into Twitter and search for #pawpawty to see what the anipals are doing to get ready for this weekend.

 



Your friend, 
Dusty 

No comments: